According to data collected by the iDeals-M&A Community, eight M&A deals were announced last month and 10 in the finance and investment sector. pv magazine publishes a complete list.
The iDeals M&A community has shared pv magazine mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the field of renewable energy announced in Latin America in April. According to the data, eight M&A agreements and 10 in the finance and investment sector were announced last month.
- Enel Perú has sold assets to the Chinese company CSGI for $2.9 billion.
- Enel is merging the power generation units in Peru.
- In Mexico, Fonadin agreed to buy more than 8,400 MW of combined gas plants from Iberdrola.
- UK-based Allotrope Energy received a $6.7 million venture capital investment from Suzano Ventures to produce batteries from trees in partnership with Brazilian pulp producer Suzano.
- ArcelorMittal and Casa Dos Ventos formed a joint venture for a 554 MW wind project in Brazil.
- Iberdrola’s Brazilian subsidiary Neoenergia and Singaporean investment company GIC established a joint venture to develop a transmission network in Brazil for 430 million euros ($472 million).
- US investment group BlackRock increased its stake in Brazilian power company Cemig, rising from 9.913% to 10.015% in 2022.
- Investors Pash Global and Erih Holdings have announced a joint venture to develop and invest in green hydrogen and ammonia projects in Colombia, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece and Serbia by 2030.
Financing and investment activities
- Canadian IPP Innergex received $49.5 million in financing for a battery energy storage project in Chile.
- Elecnor Group’s renewable energy subsidiary Enerfín received a $57 million loan for a 129 MW solar project in Colombia.
- Enel received EUR 600 million in financing from the EIB and SACE to support sustainable development energy investments in Latin America.
- Spain’s Solatio Energia announced an investment of BRL 8.5 billion ($1.69 billion) in a 2.5 GW solar power plant in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
- BN Engenharia to build 738 MW SPIC and Canadian Solar projects in Brazil for BRL 2 billion ($400 million).
- BNDES financed 144 MW of solar energy projects for 49 new plants from Brazilian (re)energetic for BRL 700 million ($139 million).
- BNDES financed 202.5 MW of wind energy in Brazil’s Rio Grande do Norte for BRL 907 million ($180 million).
- Lightsource BP completed a $152 million financing for a 210 MWp solar farm in Brazil.
- Three solar power plants and four wind farm projects in Mexico received low-interest loans.
- French multinational Engie announced it will invest $1.8 billion in renewable energy in Chile.