Rimac Tech moves into stationary energy storage with new technology, gigafactory plans



Croatian high-performance electric vehicle component supplier and automaker Rimac Technology has developed a new battery architecture that is said to reduce efficiency losses by up to 50% and reduce the system footprint by up to 40% compared to current state-of-the-art technology. solutions.

Leveraging its group’s expertise in electric vehicle technology, Rimac Energy has developed a novel battery architecture that is said to reduce efficiency losses by up to 50% while reducing the system footprint by up to 40% compared to current state-of-the-art solutions.

According to the manufacturer, additional technical benefits of its new fixed ESS solution include improved cycle life, built-in redundancy to increase availability, and competitive material and installation costs.

“Given our track record in innovative battery technology, we believe we have a key role to play in building Europe’s future energy ecosystems and elevating it globally,” said Rimac Energy CEO Wasim Sarwar.

The Rimac Energy team has been built within Rimac Technology and under the Rimac Group roof over the past 18 months and now consists of 60 employees currently working on the first generation fixed ESS.

Initially, Rimac Energy offers solutions for large commercial, industrial and utility applications, and battery-buffered solutions for fast and MW-scale charging are already underway.

According to the company, several customer projects are in discussion, including a pilot with a leading renewable energy company to deliver battery storage solutions to its solar and wind farms. These pilot systems are expected to be completed by the end of this year and put into operation in 2024.

“Given our lead in electric vehicle technology and our dedication to sustainability, this path feels like a seamless progression for us,” said Rimac Group founder and CEO Mate Rimac, often referred to as “Europe’s Elon Musk.”

The Rimac Group, headquartered in Sveta Nedelja, near the Croatian capital Zagreb, manufactures hypercars and develops high-performance electrification, including batteries and powertrains, as well as software solutions for some of the world’s largest OEMs, including Mercedes, Jaguar, Renault and Hyundai. other.

The company was founded in 2009 and grew out of Rimac’s garage hobby. Its stated mission was to build the world’s first electric sports car at a time when high-performance electric car components were not available on the market. The company developed the necessary parts itself and patented 24 innovations.

Today, the Rimac Group is the majority owner of the luxury car manufacturer Bugatti Rimac joint venture with 55 percent and the remaining 45 percent of Volkswagen’s sports car unit Porsche. The group is Rimac Technology’s only stakeholder.

David is a passionate writer and researcher who specializes in solar energy. He has a strong background in engineering and environmental science, which gives him a deep understanding of the science behind solar power and its benefits. David writes about the latest developments in solar technology and provides practical advice for homeowners and businesses who are interested in switching to solar.

Read More

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here