Using SmartThings Energy Control (STEC) to See Your Smart Meter on Your Phone
Introduction: Explaining What SmartThings Energy Control (STEC) Is & Why Can I See My Smart Meter on My Phone?
SmartThings Energy Control (STEC) is an app available for both iOS and Android that monitors and reports energy usage data from your smart meter. STEC is powered by SmartThings, a leading smart home technology provider. With STEC, you can instantly view your current and historical energy usage, set and view personalised alerts, and manage your energy accounts.
Can I see my smart meter on my phone? Absolutely. With SmartThings Energy Control, you can easily pair your in-home display (IHD) with your smartphone or tablet. This will allow you to view live energy data from your smart meter directly on your device.
Explaining How to Connect Your In-Home Display & Smartphone/Tablet to STEC
Connecting your In-Home Display and smartphone/tablet to SmartThings Energy Control is simple and straightforward. Here are the steps you should take:
What You Need:
In order to connect your In-Home Display to SmartThings Energy Control, you’ll need:
1. Your user ID and password
2. A smartphone or tablet running at least Android 5.0 or iOS 12 or later
3. The SmartThings Energy Control app (available for free on the Google Play or Apple App Store)
Enrolling With STEC:
Once you’ve gathered the necessary items, it’s time to enroll with STEC. To do this, you’ll need to:
1. On your smartphone or tablet open the STEC app and select “Sign Up”
2. Enter your energy provider’s user ID and password
3. Accept the Terms and Conditions
Downloading the STEC App:
The final step for connecting your In-Home Display and smartphone/tablet to STEC is to download the app. This is relatively simple and can be done via the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Exploring the Features of STEC App
Once you’ve successfully installed the STEC app, it’s time to explore the app’s features. STEC offers users a range of features to help them monitor and manage their energy consumption. Here are just some of the features that STEC provides:
• Live updates on your energy consumption
• View your current and historical consumption
• Set up personalised alerts
• Monitor renewable energy sources
• Keep track of your domestic energy account
• View your monthly energy bill
Demonstrating How to Access Live Smart Meter Data
With STEC, it’s easy to access your live smart meter data. Here’s how to get started:
1. Open the STEC app
2. Select “Settings”
3. Select “Live Smart Meter Data”
4. Your live data will appear in the app
Exploring Advantages of Being Able to Access your Live Smart Meter Data on Your Smartphone/Tablet
The ability to access live smart meter data on your smartphone or tablet provides users with a number of advantages. These include being able to easily monitor and manage their energy usage, better understand their energy bills, and set up personalised alerts to help them avoid high bills.
SmartThings Energy Control (STEC) is an app that shows live information from your smart meter. This guide has demonstrated how to pair your In-Home Display (IHD) with the STEC app, so you can access your energy data from your smartphone or tablet. With STEC, you can easily view current and historical energy usage, set and view personalised alerts, and manage your energy accounts. Whether you’re looking to save energy or just wanting to better understand your energy bill, the STEC app is a simple and intuitive way to access your energy data.
Resources for Additional Information/Help with Solar Panels
If you’re looking for more information or help with solar panels, the following resources can be of assistance:
• Energy Saving Trust – https://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/guides/solar-panels
• Solar Panel Advice – https://solarpaneladvice.world/
• Green Business Guide – https://greenbusinessguide.co.uk/solar-panels-guide/
• Money Advice Service – https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/solar-panels-what-you-need-to-know
• Which? – https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/solar-panels/article/using-solar-energy